Summer is hands down the best time of year in Chicago! It makes the long winters (almost) worth it. With only a few months of this amazing weather, we have a ton of fun to cram into a short amount of time. From bar-b-ques to beach days and rooftop bars to the countless festivals and street fairs, summertime in Chicago is busy and brimming with outside activities!
But life doesn’t stop just because there is fun to be had. In fact, sometimes all that fun just adds more to your plate. You still have your obligations to family, work, and home that keep you plenty busy. Only June-August, the kids are home, and they’re bored and hungry and messy. So your regular obligations are multiplied, yet you want to enjoy the summer too.
And you deserve as much time to soak up the sun and quality time with your family and friends as you can possibly create.
So here are some tips to help save some time for yourself this summer, plus some resources!
- Lists– Sometimes just listing all of those “to-dos” can take weight off your shoulders. Plus it helps with the next steps 😉
- Divide to Conquer– Break down big undertakings into small, easy tasks. Not everything needs to be done all at once or immediately. If you’d like a little guidance, here is a free workshop on Time Management that will walk you through chunking down time and setting realistic goals.
- Delegate, Delegate, Delegate- Once you have things listed and divided into simple tasks, it’s easier to figure out who can help with what. Your 5-year-old may not be able to do the laundry, but they can help sort lights and darks!
- Add yourself to the list- No, really. Write yourself on the list, even if it’s just 20 minutes of kid-free, chore-free, obligation-free time. Sit in the morning sun with your coffee, do an elaborate face care routine at night, or try a mindfulness practice such as the Bullet Journal Method (which will also help with efficient productivity).
- Call Val’s Services- Go outside, play with your kids, and hit up a street festival! Let us clean your house.
If you’re new here, Val’s Services is a female-owned and operated company that offers professional house cleaning in Chicago, IL. But we don’t simply provide a service; we offer a relationship. It’s not a luxury to have a clean and organized home. And it is unreasonable to expect one person to work full-time, parent full-time, cook, shop, play secretary, assistant, and chauffeur, AND maintain a clean house. No one is capable of doing all that, especially not if they also want to have fun and enjoy their life/family. That old adage, “it takes a village to raise a child,” applies to adult life too. It takes a village to thrive! Our lives have changed so drastically in the past few decades. We have become overly independent and feel like we have to do and be all things. There was a time when, as a culture, we each played a role and supported each other. Our job is to become part of your village, to support you.
Delegate to us.
We pride ourselves on being experts at delivering high-quality house cleaning in Chicago. Each of our technicians must pass a month of paid training inspired by a popular Brazilian house cleaning philosophy. We are trustworthy, judgment-free, and here to support you!
You work hard… and a lot. You deserve to walk into a clean home. And more so, you deserve quality time with your family. And even more more-so, you deserve a break.
Check out our services, and check cleaning the house off your list.